Many Point Scout Camp has created lifelong memories for countless campers, Scout leaders, families, and staff. Your support will ensure Many Point is available for future generations to continue the tradition.
The Many Point Heritage Fund is part of Northern Star Scouting's $35,000,000 Make Your Mark endowment campaign to secure long-term funding for camp improvement and maintenance, outreach to at-risk children, and ensure delivery of life-changing programs to all youth.
- What is the purpose of the Many Point Scout Camp Heritage Fund? The Heritage Fund provides financial support for the care and maintenance of Many Point to help ensure it will continue to impact lives long into the future.
- Why now? For many years countless individuals have generously supported Many Point and other Northern Star Scouting camps. The Make Your Mark Campaign and Heritage Fund provides a formalized and focused opportunity for individuals to invest in the long-term care of Many Point.
- What is an endowment? Endowments are a cumulation of donations that use the resulting investment income for a specific purpose. An endowment can also refer to the total of a nonprofit institution’s investable assets, also known as its principal or corpus, which is used for operations or programs consistent with the donor’s wishes. Most endowments are designed to keep the principal amount intact while using the investment income for charitable efforts.
- Can gifts to the Heritage Fund be used for other Northern Star camps or initiatives? No. The Heritage Fund can only be used for the long-term care and maintenance of Many Point. For example, donations cannot fund the National Boy Scouts of America Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.
- How will the Heritage Fund be managed? The Northern Star Board of Directors, in consultation with a committee made up of representatives from the Many Point Staff Alumni Association, the Many Point Properties Committee, and the Many Point Programs Committee, shall have oversight and fiduciary responsibility for the Heritage Fund, and earnings derived from it.
- How will the status of the Heritage Fund and its impact be annually reported? The Northern Star Scouting Endowment Report will provide annual investment guidelines, objectives, and performance of the Heritage Fund.
- How can I support the Heritage Fund? You can contribute financial gifts of any size to the Heritage Fund through your will, estate plan, or cash donations, including stock/securities. In most circumstances, you can make a larger gift through a will, a retirement account (i.e. 401K or IRA) or a life insurance policy. Why? Because it is easy to do through your employer or investment advisor and does not necessarily require attorney involvement.
All financial gifts to Northern Star Scouting are tax-deductible; however, we strongly suggest you consult a professional tax advisor regarding your situation.
How to Give
To pledge your support online:
- Click on the button below
- Fill out the requested information
- In the section labelled "Designate Your Gift", click on the dropdown and select "Many Point Heritage Fund"
- Complete the rest of the form and click the submit button at the bottom
Donate to the Heritage Fund
To pledge your support through other methods, contact:
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-261-2465